Karlsruhe (DE ), NEU: ERSTMALS IN DEUTSCH !!
24.-26. November 2014
12.-14. Januar 2015
23.-25. März 2015
1-/3-tägiges Seminar & Hands-On Training: IEC Normen für Automatisierung, Schutz, Monitoring, Engineering (SCL), SCADA, Smart Grids, Fernwirken, Gateways,… und viele andere Anwendungen:
Am ersten Tag wird ein Überblick über das Normungsumfeld und die einzelnen Normen gegeben. Im Mittelpunkt stehen dabei die grundlegenden Eigenschaften und Bedeutung der Normenreihe IEC 61850 für Engineering, Datenmodellierung, Datenmodelle, Kommunikationsmöglichkeiten, Sicherheitslösungen sowie deren internationale Umsetzung und Akzeptanz.
Am zweiten und dritten Tag werden Details behandelt und mit praktischen Übungen an realen Geräten begleitet. Ein Teil der eingesetzten Lösungen und Werkzeuge können auch nach dem Training weiter verwendet werden. Es wird vor allem die Frage behandelt: Was bedeutet der Einsatz dieser Normen für Hersteller von Geräten und Systemen, für die Systemintegratoren und die Anwender?
NEU: IN DEUTSCH !!
Prague (Czech Republic), 08.-10. December 2014 NEW!!
FMTP and NettedAutomation offer the most comprehensive and vendor-independent education and practical training courses – they combine their knowledge and practical experience with substation control and protection (Mr Andrea Bonetti who worked for ABB, Megger, and STRI) and communication technology and SCADA (Mr Karlheinz Schwarz).
|Prague (Czech Republic)
Frankfurt (Germany), 06.-08. May 2015
NettedAutomation is entering into a new phase of training: using real devices and solutions to work with during the public 3 days general training courses. The reorganized and extended program of the 3 days course is as follows:
1 1/2 days Introduction and Basics on IEC 61850 (and brief comparison with IEC 60870-5-104)
1/2 day Hands-on training on designing ICD and CID documents, analyzing SCD documents
1/2 day Configuring and using Server devices for monitoring and control using IEC 61850 and
1/2 day Configuring and using Client devices for IEC 61850 and gateways to IEC 60870-5-104 and proxy server to IEC 61850; demonstration of IEC61850 Client to OPC UA Server
Do you want to receive our newsletter on standards and related issues? send us an email
Many new training courses:
- In addition to the general training modules (you can chose from) we have added a SPECIAL comprehensive training on IEC 60870-5-101/104 (sample program) contact us for more details.
- Basics of power system information integration and automation
- IEC 61850 (Communication networks and systems in substations) (info on standard)
- IEC 61400-25 (Communication for wind power plants) (info on standard)
- IEC 61970-301 (Energy management system application program interface (EMS-API) - Part 301: Common Information Model (CIM)) (info on CIM)
- IEC 60870-5-101/104 (Telecontrol equipment and systems - Part 5-104: Transmission protocols - Network access for IEC 60870-5-101 using standard profiles) (info on standard)
- NEW: ISO 9506 (MMS - Manufacturing Message Specification) (info on standard)
- ICCP (Inter control center communication protocol; IEC 60870-6-TASE.2)
- DNP3 (Distributed Network Protocol)
Get first-hand, up-to-date, vendor-independent, comprehensive and neutral
knowledge and experience
from Karlheinz Schwarz
Feedback from the industry (June 2008):
”By the way, I visited ... two weeks ago, and you were then named as THE guru on IEC 61850 and your recommendations to utilities on how to approach IEC 61850 were cited as the unquestionable truth on IEC 61850. I agreed. Keep up the good work!" (A.J.)
NettedAutomation has dramatically increased the numbers of courses since 2007.
The power utility industry (and many other markets) are in the process of one of the most crucial changes in history:
- process of introducing decentralized power resources speeds up
- aging of primary and secondary equipment
- increasing challenges with information integration at all levels - from substation to control centers
- advanced automation, IT, and communication systems
- several new power system standards just published
- aging workforce
- less students studying power system technology
- deregulation requires more flexibility
- increasing need for gateways, RTUs, data concentrators, proxies, ...
We have been asked to provide our comprehensive experience and knowledge to the power industry to help keeping the lights on.
To meet the various and special requirements best we offer two ways to train people most efficiently:
Public and in-house Seminars:
- Public: content (covering general introduction into power system automation, IEC 61850, IEC 61970, IEC 61400-25, IEC 60870-5-101/104, ...)
- In-house: seminar contents on request (focusing on special modules from the list of modules)
Example of training Program for 3 1/2 days in-house course for a power plant DCS vendor [0.5 MB, pdf]
Example program for a 5 day in-house training (2010-01) for a system integrator [pdf, 150 KB]
Training modules for seminars (for public and in-house)
The following modules are offered by NettedAutomation. The list represents the most crucial seminar content asked for during the last months. This list allows to meet the special needs of any audiance. [all modules - updated 2010-02-01,pdf]
If you want to attend a public course: check available locations and dates
If you prefer an in-house course: check here
Contact us ...
India very likely to become THE crucial market for IEC 61850; The International Workshop on IEC 61850 in Bangalore/India (April 25-28, 2006, by Karlheinz Schwarz) with 350 attendees was an unforgettable event (2006-05-01):
350 experts from India and other countries are listening to Karlheinz Schwarz
Daejeon (Korea) 28. Febr. - 2. March 2005
Torreon (Mexico) 18.-20. April 2005
... join the voyage to successful IEC 61850 implementations and applications!
The standard series IEC 61850 (Communication networks and systems in substations) is the basis for substation automation and many other application domains in the electric power delivery system, e. g., wind power plants, DER (decentralized energy resources), hydro power plants, power quality monitoring, condition monitoring of any power system equipment etc. Hundreds of IEC 61850 compliant substations with several thousand IEDs have already been sold and will be in operation by end of 2006. Many products have already been field proven. Utilities all over trust the new technology "IEC 61850 inside" for substations and other applications.
Many vendors all over have been challenged by the utility industry to offer IEC 61850 interfaces for their devices in the near future. You may seek for help on the application or implementation.
We provide all the necessary training. Some thousand people have attended our excellent general courses on IEC 61850. The training courses will be hold by people who know about the needs for the application and implementation of the standards: IEC 61850, IEC 61400-25, ISO 9506 (MMS), ISO 8824/25 (ASN.1), Web services,…
Karlheinz Schwarz, Karlsruhe/Germany
Editor of IEC 61850 and IEC 61400-25 (Communications for wind power plants)
Member of IEC TC 57 WG 10, WG 17 (DER), and WG 18 (Hydro power plants), WG 19 (Harmonization)
Member of IEC TC 88 PT 25 (IEC 61400-25-1 ...5)
Convenor of IEC TC 88 project IEC 61400-25-6 (Information models for Condition Monitoring Systems) and ISO TC 184 SC 5 WG 2 (MMS)
Papers, Demonstration and Open Source Software
NettedAutomation provides up-to-date help: