IEC 61850, IEC 61400-25, IEC 60870-5/-6,
IEC 61968/70 CIM, DNP3, ...
Public and Inhouse Education
for advanced protection, management and automation of power delivery systems and other automation systems
Our experience and service will meet all your expectations! You’ll get first-hand, very comprehensive, vendor neutral and up-to-date knowledge, experience, and guidance; learn how to reach interoperability of devices.
You'll get best advice - for the best price.
Public & Inhouse Seminars and Training courses
Copyright, 2017-07, Michael Hüter
25th Aniversary of consulting by Dipl.-Ing. Karlheinz Schwarz:
Andrea and Karlheinz help you demystifying and mastering the complexity of IEC 61850
1. Öffentliche Kurse in DEUTSCH
||Datum / Ort
Programm und Anmeldung
NEU: Ab Dezember 2016
NEUES Format in DEUTSCH !!
Seminar & Hands-On Training
05.-08 Dezember 2017
14.-17. Mai 2018
04.-07. Dezember 2018
Nach den sehr erfolgreichen Kursen in Deutsch in Karlsruhe bietet NettedAutomation weitere Seminare und Hands-On-Trainings zu einem nahezu unschlagbar günstigen Preis in Deutsch an!
Details und Anmeldungsformular
Kontaktieren Sie uns bei Interesse
2. Special Public Courses in ENGLISH for
Protection Engineers, SCADA Applications, Power Generation, Automation, ...
||Dates / Location
Comprehensive Seminar for Protection and SCADA Applications
4 (5) day Seminar
FMTP and NettedAutomation offer the most comprehensive and vendor-independent education and practical training courses – they combine their knowledge and practical experience with substation control and protection (Mr Andrea Bonetti) and communication technology and SCADA (Mr Karlheinz Schwarz).
18-22 September 2017
together with OPAL RT
Program and Registration
Email us if you are interested
10-13 October 2017
Program and Registration
Email us if you are interested
3. In-house hands-on training in ENGLISH und in Deutsch
The complete list of all modules provided by NettedAutomation can be found here [pdf].
For discounts please contact us.
NettedAutomation takes precautions (including administrative, technical, and physical measures) to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Cancellations received up to 10 business days prior to the start of the event will be fully refunded. Cancellations within 9 business days to the start of the workshop are subject to the entire event fee. If you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions can be made at any time.
The fee can be payed by Credit Card OR cheque OR by regular bank transfer.
Do you want to receive our newsletter on standards and related issues? send us an email
Personal experience, capabilities, of Karlheinz Schwarz ... introduction on IEC 61850, training modules, feedback from attendees, list of companies, countries, and pictures
(updated 2015-04-11) [pdf, 4.3 MB]
Attendees of our seminars are asked to provide Questions & Answers prior to the class. The questions are usually answered in written form. Example of 12 Q&A [pdf, 47 KB] (2009-03)
Please fax or email the signed Registration Form (indicate date and location) OR your company's special purchase order form to:
Im Eichbaeumle 108
If needed, NettedAutomation can assist you with hotel reservations.
Other locations/dates for public seminars are on request
In-house training courses
Our in-house training courses are the most efficient way to speed up and to get exactly what you need:
- focuses on your needs
- from practice for practice
- link the standard with your own daily practice
- exchanging and sharing practical experience
- no competitors are listening to your plans
- vendor independent
- private and confidential questions and answers,
- no travel time and travel cost for your people
- we come out to you
one-day (or 1/2) seminar plus
one-day (or 1 1/2) hands-on expert meeting
Two-day hands-on training for implementers
Example of individual in-house training program for 3 1/2 days course for a power plant DCS vendor [0.5 MB, pdf]
Example program for a 5 day in-house training (2010-01) for a system integrator [pdf, 150 KB]
We could provice you a preliminary program once we know your needs.
- Paper hand-outs of the presentations (English); example training material
- Many articles and white papers (English, some in German)
- CD ROM with all slides, additional material and demo software (English, some in German)
Why should you attend?
Many attendees of recent seminars and workshops have told us that our seminars/workshops have given them a comprehensive, complete and deep insight view of the standard and its impact on future substation automation systems.
Our seminar/workshop goes far beyond most other seminars. We have developed a consistent set of presentations. They cover all crucial areas with regard to the:
- All crucial parts of the standard series
- Application in substations
- Application in domains outside substations
The seminar is especially for:
- Substation automation and protection experts and decision makers
- System and device implementers
- Implementers of Gateways, RTUs, Data Concentrators, Proxies, ...
- Automation, IT and communication experts from utilities, Power system planners
- System integrators, Engineering personal, SCADA experts
- Experts from operators, aggregators, power plants (hydro, wind, DER, ...), virtual power plants
- Asset manager, Maintenance personal, Field application engineers
- Consultants and technical advisors,
The crucial reasons to be trained by NettedAutomation are:
- Karlheinz Schwarz (SCC) is deeply involved members of the standardization within IEC TC 57 (Power systems management), TC 65 (Fieldbus IEC 61158, Function Blocks IEC 61499 ...), and TC 88 (Wind Power Plants)
- he has been in the core team from the beginning
- he could answer (almost) every question with regard to IEC 61850
- practical use cases, software and software development will be presented and discussed
- the attendees have a chance to talk with other attendees that have a real interest in the new technology (the attendees of recent seminars/workshops were really implementing or using IEC 61850); this is a very important issue that people could exchange their experience, visions, and concerns; you will meet people that are really interested in the standard.
- you will get all slides in paper and pdf
- Karlheinz has many years of experience in presentations of IEC 61850
- you will get a very comprehensive training
- the training is independent of vendors !!