Universal Communication Analyzer (UniCA) for IEC 61850, UCA CASM/GOMSFE and ICCP (TASE.2)
40 experts from
14 countries attended the Seminar/Workshop in Frankfurt/Germany,
May 3.-5., 2004
25 experts from
9 countries attended the Seminar/Workshop in Paris/France,
August 25.-27, 2004
|IEC 61850 seminars & workshops in 2004:
China (Beijing: 9.-11. Nov)
Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur: 22.-24. Nov)
Germany (Frankfurt/M: 13.-15. Dec)
IEC 61850 Seminar, Implementation and Application Workshop:
A two-day Seminar plus a subsequent
one-day Implementation and Application Workshop will be held by two well known experts deeply involved in the development of IEC 61850 and other standards:
Christoph Brunner and Karlheinz Schwarz
Interested in IEC 61850 Seminars and Workshops?
Request information, fully functional demo software or order form
UniCA for CASM/GOMSFE enables you to capture and analyze IEC 61850, UCA CASM/GOMSFE communication traffic on Ethernet networks. UniCA is the tool for:
- Network event recording (each layer can be viewed independently)
- Network (health) monitoring
- Verifying system configurations
- IEC 61850, UCA2 CASM/GOMSFE product development support
View UniCA window example (connect/associate for session, presentation, MMS layer).
The UniCA Analyzer plays an important role in identifying and minimizing interoperability risks in today's IEC 61850, UCA2 GOMSFE-based substation networks and allows faster roll out of projects (by verifying performance and interoperability). These cost-savers are important in today's competitive environment.
UniCA not only displays IEC 61850, CASM/GOMSFE communication packets in human readable format and comprehensible text, but also automatically analyses the packets and reports the detected errors because it understands all IEC 61850, CASM, GOMSFE (and below) protocol definitions ! This enables also engineers without detailed protocol knowledge to use and understand the output of this analyzer. Actually, after using UniCA for a while, you may become a protocol expert!
Request information and demo
- Task-oriented, designed by Human-Machine-Interface (HMI) expert
- Protocol layers: Raw (Ethernet), Link, Network, Transport, Session, Presentation, MMS, IEC 61850, CASM/GOMSFE (services, objects and semantics)
- Protocol information and user data are decoded into comprehensible text
- Protocol layer display can be switched on or off
- One line overview per protocol layer
- Timestamp as time of day or relative to previous packet, displayed accuracy 1 millisecond
- Errors presented per packet and on relations between packets, including Decode errors, no respond for a request, MMS Error and reject PDUs
- Search & filter options on errors, individual message fields, specific text, IED or network connections
- On-line help
- Fast capture into memory, in parallel with user interface tasks
- Start/stop capture manually or at specific time
- All IEDs or only from and to specific clients and servers
- Cyclic buffering for continuous monitoring with history
- Maximum and average network load
IEC 61850, UniCA supports both the OSI and the TCP/IP transport profiles and the IEC 61850 and UCA 2.0 specific multicast, GOOSE and TimeSync enhancements.
Request information on UniCA:
To effectively test the demo version of the Analyzer you need an UCA/MMS server and a client. The IEC61850/UCA Evaluation Kit CD ROM provides you with the world's first and only package (Demo version of UniCA, 2 clients, 1 server, documentation, tutorial, ...) that comes with everything included for the fastest possible start to learn about IEC61850/UCA/MMS and the UniCA Analyzer.
The price of the CD ROM is just 100 EURO (all tax incl.).
Information and Order Form for UCA/IEC61850 Eval Kit.
Request order form for UniCA: